Office of the QCPSTA President
March 7, 2011
No. 05, s. 2011
To: All Faculty Club/ Association Presidents, officers, members, representatives and QCPSTA Board of Directors.
Re: Solidarity March and Lobbying for House Bill 2142
Thru: The School Principal
Attention: The Faculty /Teachers Club President
March 15, 2011: SOLIDARITY MARCH and MAJOR LOBBYING for HB 2142
Last August 4, 2010 Representative Antonio L. Tinio of ACT Teachers Partylist filed House Bill 2142: An ACT Upgrading the Minimum Salary Grade of Public School Teachers from Salary Grade 11 to 15.
Subsequently, more than one hundred (100) Congressional Representatives had already co-authored HB 2142 including Rep. Manny Paquiao, Rep. Lucy Torres and Rep. Winston Winnie Castello.
We believe that we should concentrate our efforts in convincing the most number of congressional representatives to support the proposed bill. We need the active support of everybody to push for the passage of HB 2142 thru active lobbying and massive mobilization at the House of Representatives. We still have to push the Committee on Appropriations to consider HB 2142 in the order of priorities in their committee hearings.
In this regard, may we ask your utmost cooperation to mobilize all your morning session teachers to muster a significant and sizable number of participants on March 15, 2011, Tuesday to join the SOLIDARITY MARCH and MAJOR LOBBYING for HB 2142
1. On March 15, 2011, Tuesday we will assemble at the corner of Commonwealth Avenue and Batasan Road, alongside the covered walk of the tricycle terminal across the Sandiganbayan at exactly 1:00 to 1:30 pm. We will march and hold a short program in front of the Batasang Pambansa main gate.
2. We will ask all sympathetic and supportive congressmen to join us in our program
and around 3:30 pm, we will enter the gallery of the main plenary hall to listen to the privilege speech of ACT Teachers partylist representative, Hon. Antonio L. Tinio to elicit support for HB 2142.
3. Please prepare an adequate mobilization plan and coordinate with your school principal to use the school multi-cab to ferry your delegation.
4. Wear your Salary Upgrading T-shirts and bring your Salary Upgrading tarpaulin.
5. Please enlist the commitment of your members to join this very important activity.
6. Please ask your teachers to sign in the commitment form and require your members that will not be able to join the rally to contribute for your school chapter’s mobilization expenses (e.g. food and transportation).
Our activities will be held on official time. To ensure that there will be no disruption of classes, prior arrangement should be made with the school principals.
Wide dissemination of this Memorandum is desired.
Approved by: DR. CORAZON C. RUBIO
Officer in Charge
Division of City Schools
Tags: Salary Grade 15